Herniated Disc Treatment in Murray
WHY DO WE GET BACK OR NECK PAIN?
The most important thing to remember is that back pain is most often the result of a structural problem, and until the structure of your spine is addressed, the pain will persist.
HOW ARE DISCS DAMAGED?
Overall, discs are very tough and resilient, but they are very susceptible to injury with repetitive activity and loading.
WHAT IS A HERNIATED OR BULGING DISC?
When your disc is damaged or torn, the nucleus—the soft jelly-like substance inside the disc—can leak out. If it leaks out completely, it’s called a herniated disc. If the layers of the outer material (annulus) are not all completely torn, discs can bulge without herniating. It’s like if you step on a balloon and it doesn’t pop. The balloon bulges out to one side or the other without the rubber breaking.
Symptoms of herniated discs include:
- Numbness or tingling in the body part(s) connected to the affected nerves
- Pain that shoots up or down into you arm or leg
- Weakness in the muscles connected to the affected nerves
Start Your Consultation
If you believe that your chronic neck or back pain is a sign of this condition, contact Advanced Spine & Disc to schedule a consultation with Dr. Clark. Each consultation with Dr. Clark includes:
- a thorough review of your symptoms, limitations, and pain history
- a clear explanation of what current diagnostic imaging and other symptoms mean. It is a specialized
- and effective treatment that can solve the cause—not just the symptoms—of your chronic pain.
Dr. Clark enjoys helping many of his patients gain relief from their neck or back pain and get back to enjoying their lives. He will take the guesswork out of discovering the right treatment for you using proven, non-surgical methods. Advanced Spine & Disc’s state-of-the-art equipment, including the DRX9000 decompression machine, is another innovative feature that can help patients like you battle back against pain and get their lives back.